Hey, I'm Kate, but I also go by KG.
I grew up with Crohn's disease and I also grew up with the Internet. Never did I think that I would be doing a PhD that focused on Inflammatory Bowel Disease communities and how we use and trust online social networks to support us.
But here we are, I am a PhD researcher at Horizon CDT (University of Nottingham), partnering with Open Lab (Newcastle University) and my research interests centre around individual and shared digital values in IBD communities.
Ultimately I want to help shape a fair, safe internet for everyone (but particularly those with a chronic health condition).
But I need your help.
Some facts about my life:
- I have a Photography degree (but barely took any pictures in my final year)
- I love juicing
- I am a weight lifter (turning body builder) and I secretly wish that every day is leg day
- I am the proud owner of Albus, the cockapoopoo pooch
- I talk about poo far too much
- My dog aptly has a poop emoji toy
- I am a fellow of the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce)
Although I spend a lot of time on Twitter and Instagram, here is where you can find my projects; posts about my PhD research, that I have promised to do openly; posts about my lifestyle living with IBD, including yummy recipes; and also other ramblings...
Views are my own, but are up for reuse and adaptation (CC-BY-SA) unless otherwise stated.
Banner image by Alan Levine at DML Conference 2016.